This post is about The Product. My final post will be for The Scrum Master.
- Must Have
- Should Have if all possible workarounds exists
- Could have if not affected by anything else
- Would like in the future but not necessary now.
- Small Must Haves are at the top of the backlog, larger stories follow.
- Dependent stories are included with the must haves.
- Should Haves and their dependencies are next.
- Could Haves and their dependencies are next
- Would like to have are last.
- Conjunctions – look at connector words like and, or, if ect.
- Generic Words – look for generic words that can be replaced with more specific terms.
- Acceptance Criteria – look at a stories acceptance criteria, perhaps it can be another story.
- Timeline Analysis – pretend a story is done. Review what happens when the story is used. This may lead to smaller stories.